Wednesday, October 29, 2008

discoveries

My son woke us up in the middle of the night last night to tell us he was worried about ghosts. We all got back to sleep after a bit of reassurance. Turns out he was actually scared for a reason. He told me this morning that he saw some lights under his blanket last night. He had never noticed static electricity sparks before.


I love Handipoints -- my son loves to play computer games, I like giving him rewards for good behavior. My grading of his off-line behavior gives him points toward fun things inside the game. Today I watched him play Handipoints. (I don't often watch him; I trust their kid safety controls.) I saw him start a conversation with another kid via their avatars and invite her to his room to play. The first thing he did when they got there was to excuse himself to the decorating section to fix up his room. Great impulse, but while he was busy with that his friend wandered away. He didn't take it hard; at four, friendships are easily fluid.

No comments: